Increase Your Occupancy and Guest Satisfaction with a Hotel that Smells Clean and Inviting!
Scenting for Hotels – Your guests and employees are going to smell your hotel lobby – it’s unavoidable. If you’re not managing how it smells, something else is.
Common malodors that are solved by scenting hotel lobbies include the following:
- Furniture and carpet odor
- Food odor
- Garbage odor
- Laundry odor
- Gym odor
- Cigarette Smoke
These types of malodors cannot be resolved with cleaning solutions alone without smelling like an institution, which is where Aroma Retail helps the Hospitality Industry.
Scenting for hotels is done for many reasons.
- A scented hotel feels cleaner, safer, and more luxurious.
- Increased revenue from longer stays, more upgrades, more on-property spending, and more renewals by creating a better first impression and more immersive and memorable visits because your hotel smells homey, social, clean and safe.
- Increased comfort for guests and productivity from employees because everyone has a better mood in a great smelling hotel.
- Without scenting, your hotel design and décor are incomplete and just doesn’t feel right.
Facts to consider about the impact of scenting for hotels:
- Décor is not the first thing your guests notice when they walk through your door – it’s the smell.
- People are 100% more likely to remember what they smell in a hotel vs what they see, hear or touch.
- Research indicates a 40% improvement in mood when exposed to a pleasing scent, which is critical to a successful hotel stay.
- In a study conducted by Samsung, shoppers underestimated the amount of time they spent shopping by 25% and visited 3x more sections when exposed to aromas, which indicates better memories for hotel guests.
- Nike participants were willing to pay 10 -15% more for a pair of shoes in a scented area compared to identical shoes in a non-scented area, which indicates more spending confidence for room-nights and amenities.
- A large call center company surveyed its employees and found that scenting resulted in increased cognition and rejuvenation, which indicates higher productivity for hotel employees.
- A national health club chain’s guests reported feeling more sustained natural highs from their workouts in scented facilities as opposed to unscented facilities, which is an important consideration for hotel gyms.
- People recall smells with a 65% accuracy after a year, while the visual recall of photos drops to about 50% after only three months, which indicates happier memories and more return visits for guests of scented hotels.
- Our sense of smell is the first to develop of all our senses. Even before we are born, our sense of smell is fully developed and functioning. It is our most primitive of senses, which is why we have such a visceral reaction to the way hotels smell.
Hotel Scenting Recommendations
- A Resort Scent Asian Garden
- Caesars Palace The Empire
- Langham’s Ginger Flower
- Melrose’s White Tea & Bamboo Leaves
- Mood Collection Comfort