Sooth and Calm Patient Nerves and Reduce Cancellations With an Office that Smells Relaxing and Clean!
Scenting for Medical Offices – Your prospective and current patients, guests, and employees are going to smell your medical facility – it’s unavoidable. If you’re not managing how it smells, something else is.
Common malodors that are solved by scenting medical offices and hospitals include the following:
- Medical chemical odors
- Biological odors like sweat and urine
- Furniture and carpet odor
- Garbage odor
- Food odor
These types of malodors cannot be resolved with cleaning solutions alone without smelling like an institution, which is where Aroma Retail helps the Medical Industry.
Scenting for medical offices and hospitals is done for many reasons.
- A scented medical facility feels more like a nice professional office or home and less like an institution.
- Increased revenue from converting more prospects into patients, getting more referrals from patients, by creating a better first impression with more productive and memorable visits because your medical facility smells clean, peaceful, and happy, with a mood of good health and optimism.
- Increased productivity and patience from guests and employees because everyone is more comfortable with a better mood in a great smelling medical facility.
- Without scenting, your medical facility’s design and décor are incomplete and just doesn’t feel right.
Facts to consider about the impact of scenting for medical offices:
- At Manhattan’s Sloan-Kettering Hospital, the use of scent was shown to help reduce stress-related to claustrophobia 63% during MRI’s.
- Décor is not the first thing your guests and employees notice when they walk through your door – it’s the smell.
- People are 100% more likely to remember what they smell at medical facilities vs what they see, hear or touch.
- Research indicates a 40% improvement in mood when exposed to a pleasing scent, which is critical to a successful patient experience.
- A large call center company surveyed its employees and found that scenting resulted in increased cognition and rejuvenation, which indicates better state of mind for patients and higher productivity for employees.
- In a study conducted by Samsung, shoppers underestimated the amount of time they spent shopping by 25% and visited 3x more sections when exposed to aromas, which indicates better memories for patients and their families.
- Nike participants were willing to pay 10 -15% more for a pair of shoes in a scented area compared to identical shoes in a non-scented area, which indicates more confidence in dealing with medical expenses.
- People recall smells with a 65% accuracy after a year, while the visual recall of photos drops to about 50% after only three months, which indicates an opportunity for happier memories for guests of scented medical facilities.
- Our sense of smell is the first to develop of all our senses. Even before we are born, our sense of smell is fully developed and functioning. It is our most primitive of senses, which is why we have such a visceral reaction to the way medical facilities smell.
Medical Office Scenting Recommendations
- Mood Collection Wellness
- A Resort Scent Blue Ice
- Farina Fragrance Museum
- Lavender Garden
- Linq’s Linq A
- Luxury Spa